EB-5 Investing – CMB Strengths
Experience: As one of the oldest Regional Centers, CMB’s staff has broad-based knowledge complemented by experience. Our team is proactive in insuring we are on the cutting edge of the rules and regulations needed to qualify our foreign national investors for a permanent visa (Green Card) for EB-5 Investing.
Our EB-5 Investment Projects: All CMB EB-5 investments contain the same underlying structure. The structure of each CMB EB-5 investment partnership has a solid foundation built with “safety” in mind towards the immigrant investors’ two most important goals, that of the permanent green card and return of their original investment from the new commercial enterprise. It is our goal that CMB projects will always contain the following attributes:
- The EB-5 investment has a transparent, proven, and previously-approved job creation methodology. Our methodology has not changed from the very first project. (Clients have already experienced their permanent green cards and return of capital.)
- The EB-5 investment is structured as a reasonably safe low-risk investment. We require the investment be with Government entities, public/private partnerships or private entities that provide specific collateral, Intercreditor Agreements (when multiple lenders are involved), and many other assurances of ability to service the debt, provide reasonable security, have a defined plan for repayment of the original investment, and most importantly can demonstrate specific spending in order to show new job creation.
- The EB-5 investment is simple with a defined exit strategy for investors. The investment is a loan that upon maturity is repaid.
- The EB-5 investment has transparency in all the financial documents.
- The EB-5 investment limits the day-to-day expenses charged to the investor (except in the case of extraordinary expenses).
- The EB-5 investment when located in a qualified Targeted Employment Area (TEA), is an investment that meets the lower threshold of investment or simply a $500,000 partnership. CMB requires the TEA status be supported with statistical data to ensure compliance with the federal statutes.
- The CMB loan based EB-5 investment has a simple overall structure.
CMB’s simple and straightforward structure is demonstrated throughout this website. CMB has taken a complex immigration EB-5 investment program and made understanding and utilizing EB-5 an easier and more transparent process for the potential EB-5 investor. Again, we recommend that you ask questions; ask hard questions and demand proof of what is stated (including from CMB). Perform the necessary due diligence; for if you the foreign national do not, failure to show ten new American jobs is devastating. As is not investing the requisite capital ($500,000 instead of $1 million). Either failure will result in the loss of the permanent green card and the immigrant investor is put in removal proceedings).