Effective Date: June 30, 2020
CMB Regional Centers values you as our client and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of CMB Regional Centers for data that we collect:
- Through our social media pages that we control from which you may be accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”);
- Through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us; and,
- When you exchange information with us through a secure cloud-based document service such as DropBox or Sharefile; and
- When you visit our facilities, speak with one of our case managers via telephone, chat applications, email, or through other offline interactions.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with the other channels described above, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
By visiting www.cmbeb5visa.com and any related websites you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE GATHER
Our goal in collecting visitor information online or in person is to provide the best experience possible, through delivering relevant information that meets user needs and/or to allow us to provide the Services. We collect the following types of data:
- City, State, Zip
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Information on your family, profession, educational background, and other personal information
- Information related to your immigration pursuit (i.e. green card copies, approval dates, USCIS receipt notices)
- Banking, payment, and investment information necessary for us to perform any services for you
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address
- User Agent
- Logs files containing pages accessed, browser type, device type, error messages
- Logs containing summaries of interactions with us, including phone calls
We may receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including in person or telephonically. You can choose not to provide certain information, but, by choosing to not provide such information, you might not be able to take advantage of certain features on the Websites or any services we may otherwise provide to you.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH OTHERS
Any personal information you provide to us on our Website(s) when you register for emails, make an inquiry, send a message, or submit a request for information is maintained in private files on a secure web server. CMB Regional Centers shares this information only with affiliated companies in order to help us provide better serve you. These affiliates are required to maintain your information in confidence.
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, including supporting your contractual relationship with us. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Websites, products, and services.
- To create, support, maintain, and secure your investment with us for your immigration pursuit.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud. For example, if you subscribe to a CMB limited partnership, we will share your address with the shipping company if we send out documentation related to your subscription.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience on our Websites.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, products, and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Websites is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
As we continue to develop CMB Regional Centers, we might sell, buy, or create new businesses. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice. Also, in the unlikely event that CMB Regional Centers is acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information from clients for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
REGISTERING FOR EMAIL UPDATES
Your email address will not be sold or shared with outside companies. By signing up for communication with us, we will use your email to communicate with you regarding our services we provide to you. Should you ever wish to remove your name from our email list, simply advise CMB Regional Centers that you no longer would like to receive emails from CMB Regional Centers.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
When using links found on our site to other websites not affiliated with CMB Regional Centers, please be aware those sites have their own privacy policies, which may be different from our own. Also, CMB Regional Centers is not responsible for services or products that are offered on these websites.
Cookies are used on this website to collect non-personally identifiable visitor information. This information allows us to customize your experience on our website and is used internally to track site usage and provide business insight regarding how users utilize content on the website. This allows us to improve the content and design of our website.
The CMB Regional Centers websites uses or may use gifs, cookies and reverse IP technology to collect non-personal information regarding use of our sites including, but not limited to: pages read, content downloaded, product interest, demographics, interests, time spent, frequency of visits, the service provider, operating system and IP address. Cookies are a small numeric identifier known as a Unique Visitor Cookie which differentiates one user from another. Users are identified only by a randomly assigned number, not by personally identifiable information.
If you do not wish to have a cookie on your system, you can modify your browser settings to disable cookies. However, please be advised not using cookies may affect functionality of the Websites and such Websites may not work properly.
Keeping your information secure is important to us, which is why we use a secure server and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When using secure pages of our website, your computer will automatically begin to communicate with our server in secure mode. SSL technology encrypts your personal information on these secure pages, to protect it from being read by others during online transmittal. When applicable, we highly recommend that you create a secure password with at least 8 characters, mixed with upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. And that you change your password at least every 6 months.
From time to time, CMB Regional Centers may update its Privacy Notice. Please be aware that whenever a change is made, the updated Privacy Notice will be posted on our Websites and Social Media Pages.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at the address below:
CMB Regional Centers
7819 42nd Street West
Rock Island, IL 61201
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the State of California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act you have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list disclosing disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at: 797.1550
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Copy and/or scan of applicable photo identification;
- Confirmation of address, phone number, and birthdate;
Additionally, the verifiable consumer request must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.